This project is archived and is in readonly mode.

#2508 ✓stale
Elliot Winkler

Rails::Rack::Static no longer seeing page cached files when page cache directory is moved

Reported by Elliot Winkler | April 16th, 2009 @ 07:34 AM | in 3.x

Setup:

class FooController < ActionController::Base
  caches_page :bar

  def bar
  end
end

  1. Start script/server in production mode.
  2. Hit http://localhost:3000/foo/bar. An entry should show in the log for the action. public/foo/bar.html should exist.
  3. Refresh. Nothing should show in the log as Mongrel loads the cached file.

Nothing out of the ordinary so far...

Put this in environment.rb:

config.action_controller.page_cache_directory = RAILS_ROOT + "/public/cache"

  1. rm public/foo/bar.html, restart Mongrel
  2. Fire up http://localhost:3000/foo/bar again. As before, the log should show Rails handled the request.
  3. Refresh. Nothing should show in the log but in fact Rails loads the action again.

I tracked this issue down to Rails::Rack::Static failing to take ActionController::Base.page_cache_directory into account when looking for a cache file. Attached is a patch that fixed the problem for me. I didn't see any place I could write a test for this, but maybe I didn't look far enough.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • sergey.kojin

    sergey.kojin February 3rd, 2010 @ 04:56 PM

    I have simpler solution, just

    @file_server = ::Rack::File.new(ActionController::Base.page_cache_directory)
    
    In
    def initialize(app)
      @app = app
      @file_server = ::Rack::File.new(File.join(RAILS_ROOT, "public"))
    end
    
  • Jeremy Kemper

    Jeremy Kemper May 4th, 2010 @ 06:48 PM

    • Milestone changed from 2.x to 3.x
  • Santiago Pastorino

    Santiago Pastorino February 2nd, 2011 @ 04:50 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “open”

    This issue has been automatically marked as stale because it has not been commented on for at least three months.

    The resources of the Rails core team are limited, and so we are asking for your help. If you can still reproduce this error on the 3-0-stable branch or on master, please reply with all of the information you have about it and add "[state:open]" to your comment. This will reopen the ticket for review. Likewise, if you feel that this is a very important feature for Rails to include, please reply with your explanation so we can consider it.

    Thank you for all your contributions, and we hope you will understand this step to focus our efforts where they are most helpful.

  • Santiago Pastorino

    Santiago Pastorino February 2nd, 2011 @ 04:50 PM

    • State changed from “open” to “stale”
  • divineforest
  • divineforest

    divineforest April 13th, 2011 @ 08:48 AM

    Sorry, it works now :)

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

<h2 style="font-size: 14px">Tickets have moved to Github</h2>

The new ticket tracker is available at <a href="https://github.com/rails/rails/issues">https://github.com/rails/rails/issues</a>

Attachments

Pages